Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Find a Coffee Shop and am Very Happy About It

I spent a few hours in Banani (the neighboring area) on Saturday, and found a very air-conditioned, nicely decorated, comfortable coffee shop with wi-fi. This basically made my week.
Friday night and Saturday night I also got to try some new restaurants including a Korean and Mexican one. Normally I only eat out on Fridays as it is my cook's day off, but Saturday he told me that it was his wife's birthday, so we made up a story about meeting a friend for dinner and gave him the night off so he could celebrate with her. The Korean food was better than the Mexican food (which was really spicy, but in an Indian / Bangladeshi way as opposed to a Mexican way, and that was kind of strange) but I really liked the decor of El Toro better as it kind actually felt like a an American Mexican restaurant, and had a nice big screen tv which was playing the South Korea v. Greece game.

Speaking of which 2 days into the World Cup and I have watched 4 of the 5 games (I missed the France v. Uruguay one). I even stayed up until 2 last night to watch the U.S. vs. England match, although fell asleep during the last 5 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. There are no real coffee shops in Chicago. They all have a lot of in-out pressure. It's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Bangladesh has something going for it at least!

    ReplyDelete