Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More from India

I am having an amazing time in India, and have just loved my time here so far. I am in Jaipur right now and spent the last 2 days in Pushkar. It is one of India's 7 holy cities (we are going to also visit Varanasi and Haridwar later in the trip) and legend has it that the Hindu God Brahma created the world from a lotus flower and Pushkar lake was the first part of the world he created. Needless to say it is old. I have much to write about, but the internet here is paid for by the hour, and so will post a more detailed blog later. (I've been keeping track of all the good stuff.)
One really weird thing is that I figured since we were hitting the very well traveled areas of India that I would not draw as much attention as in Bangladesh, I was wrong. The staring is the same, but here they are a bit more aggressive and every single time we have gone to any sort of tourist attraction (even in Delhi) I have been asked to be in countless pictures. Guys have asked me to be in photos with them, guys have asked me to take pictures with their wives, families have asked me to pose with them. It has actually gotten to be really overwhelming.

Mom is doing great! She really likes India so far and is adjusting really well. Things are pretty crazy here, but in a much more fun way than Bangladesh.

1 comment:

  1. Where are the updates?? I want to hear why India is so great!

    ReplyDelete